Feel Connected Terms and Conditions
DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE FOR EMERGENCY MEDICAL NEEDS. IF YOU EXPERIENCE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, CALL 999 IMMEDIATELY.
IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT SUICIDE OR IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING TAKING ACTIONS THAT MAY CAUSE HARM TO YOU OR TO OTHERS OR IF YOU FEEL THAT YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON MAY BE IN ANY DANGER OR IF YOU HAVE ANY MEDICAL EMERGENCY, YOU MUST IMMEDIATELY CALL THE EMERGENCY SERVICE NUMBER AND NOTIFY THE RELEVANT AUTHORITIES.
FEEL CONNECTED IS NOT INTENDED FOR THE PROVISION OF CLINICAL DIAGNOSIS REQUIRING AN IN-PERSON EVALUATION AND YOU SHOULD NOT USE IT IF YOU NEED ANY OFFICIAL DOCUMENTATION.
1. The Terms and Conditions
The following are the Terms and Conditions (the “Agreement”) which govern your access and use of the communication platform available via the Feel Connected website and mobile application (collectively the “Platform”). All engagement between you and your therapist through Feel Connected are governed by this Agreement.
You should read this Agreement carefully before starting to use Feel Connected. If you do not agree to be bound to any terms of this Agreement and/or not eligible or authorized to agree to this Agreement, then you must not access Feel Connected.
2. User Account
As a registered patient of Feel Connected, you can access your user account and applicable services, using the user account details provided by Feel Connected. By registering, you confirm that:
- You are above 18 years of age and have the legal ability to consent to therapy
- You are physically located in Malaysia or are a resident of Malaysia.
- You are using your actual identity and are not impersonating any other person.
- You will provide contact information (your personal contact and a close family member/relation) to Feel Connected to act as an information source to be used in case of a mental health crisis or other emergency where knowledge of your location is crucial.
- All the personal information provided during the registration process, and the information that you will provide through Feel Connected in the future, is true, accurate, current and complete. You are required to periodically review and update your registration data to ensure that it is always accurate, current and complete.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and any other security information related to your account.
- You will notify Feel Connected immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other concern for breach of your account security.
- You will be solely and fully liable and responsible for any activities conducted on or through the Platform with your account regardless of whether or not you are the individual who undertakes such activities. This includes any unauthorized access and/or use of your account or your computer. You hereby release and hold Feel Connected harmless from any and all claims and causes of action arising out of or resulting from a third party’s unauthorized use of your account.
- You agree and commit not to violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, statute, ordinance, rule, regulation or ethical code in relation to your use of Feel Connected and your relationship with your therapist.
- You agree to pay all fees and charges associated with your account on a timely basis. Furthermore, you agree to use only credit or debit cards which you are duly and fully authorized to use, and that all payment related information that you provided and will provide in the future, through the Platform, is accurate, current and correct and will continue to be accurate, current and correct.
- You will receive essential service related notifications in the form of SMS, email or mobile notifications.
- Feel Connected reserves the right to deny or revoke access to any user account at its sole discretion.
3. Modifications and Disruptions to the application
- By accessing the Platform, you understand and agree that no application can be 100% reliable and accessible and so there is no guarantee that access to the Platform will be uninterrupted or that it will be accessible, consistent, timely or error-free at all times. There might be unforeseeable network and infrastructure issues in which case the application will not be available until the issue is rectified. Under such circumstances please directly contact Feel Connected via email (email@example.com) for any services you may need. Feel Connected is not liable for any periods of non-availability of this application.
- Usage of this application does not make the technology vendor supporting this application, liable for any of the therapy services you use through the application, nor does it result in any implied obligation between you and the vendor.
4.Privacy and Security
- Information about the Platform’s security and privacy practices can be found here: https://www.feelconnected.com.my/privacy-policy.
- Feel Connected may provide notices or other communications to you regarding this Agreement or any aspect of the application, by email to the email address that Feel Connected has on record, or by posting it online. The date of receipt shall be deemed the date on which such notice is given. Notices sent to Feel Connected must be delivered by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Malaysian Society of Clinical Psychology (MSCP) receives and responds to complaints regarding services provided within the scope of practice of clinical psychologists. You may file a complaint against member of MSCP at https://www.mscp.my/ethics-complaint-form
6. Online Therapy Session
- Therapy Session Quality: The quality of the online therapy depends on the quality of the Internet connection, web cam and audio facilities of your therapist and you. It is your responsibility to ensure that the performance and quality of the equipment and connection used, are optimal for doing video calls online. Therapy sessions that fail on account of poor equipment and connectivity will not be rescheduled for free. Nor will there be any refund of payment.
- Therapy Session Privacy, Security and Etiquette: It is required that you prepare ahead of time to participate in the online therapy, in a quiet and private place, where only you are present in the room where the therapy session is being held. There must be no audio/video recording of the therapy session by you. It is necessary that you act with proper decorum in speech and action during the therapy session consultation. Failure to comply with these requirements can result in termination of the therapy session with no refund or rescheduling of the consultation.
- Nature of Consultation: Online therapy sessions must not be scheduled during crisis or emergencies. By accessing this Platform, you agree that IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY CONSIDERING OR THREATENING SUICIDE OR ANY FORM OF HARM TO MYSELF OR OTHERS, YOU WILL TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR SEEKING APPROPRIATE HELP IN YOUR AREA IMMEDIATELY.
7. Attendance and Billing
- Scheduling an appointment: While you may specify the preferred appointment timing, your therapist reserves the right to schedule the appointment for an alternative timing. If this timing is not convenient, you can request that it be rescheduled.
- Securing an appointment: A booking fee of RM50 is required to secure and confirm an appointment. If the booking fee is not received within 24 hours of booking, the requested appointment will be removed. Booking fee is not transferrable.
- Rescheduling or canceling appointment: After the booking fee is paid, you can change your appointment once without incurring fees. A fee of RM25 will be charged if you change the same appointment more than once. You must send your request to reschedule/cancel appointment to email@example.com.
- Session length: Therapy session is typically 50 minutes in length so that you can best focus and digest everything that was discussed during the session. If you desire for more time, it is best to meet more frequently. Should your session run over the duration, the fees will be prorated accordingly.
- 24 hours cancellation notice: Once you secure an appointment, your therapist has now reserved the session time exclusively for you. You are required to give 24 hours notice of cancellation, and preferably, the most notice you are able to provide once you know you will not be able to make a session time. If you cancel less than 24 hours from your session time, regardless of the reason, your booking fee will be forfeited. You must send your request to reschedule/cancel appointment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No-Show: A no-show occurs when you do not send an email request ahead of time to cancel an appointment or when you do not start the video call within the first 15 minutes of your appointment time. Your booking fee will then be forfeited. Please understand that once appointment is confirmed, the time is exclusively and respectfully reserved for you in your therapist’s schedule.
- Late arrival for session: You are responsible to start the therapy session on time. If you are late, your session may be shortened yet you will be charged the full amount for the session. If your therapist is running behind in the day’s schedule, he/she will do his/her best to allow your full allotted time or the time will be made up to you.
- Therapy fees: The cost of a 50-minute session is RM250 (inclusive of the booking fee). Should your session run over the duration, the fees will be prorated accordingly. Your therapist will send you an invoice after your session ended. Payments are expected at the time of service.
- Reports and letters: An additional fee will be charged for all reports and letters requested for third party reference.
- Feel Connected reserves the right to revise the consultation and service charges at any time. The charge applicable at any given time, will be the charge displayed at the time of using the service.
8. Termination of Therapy Service
- You acknowledge and understand that you have the right to stop therapy sessions when you want, whether or not your therapist agrees with your decision.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
If you are in a crisis – don’t use this site. These resources can provide you with immediate help.
Emergency number 999
Befrienders 03-7956 8144 / 03-7956 8145
Lifeline Association Malaysia 011-3157 1495 / 016-720 1495
Agape Counselling Centre 03-7785 5595 / 03-7781 0800
Domestic Abuse Helpline
Women’s Aid Organization (WAO) hotline 03-7956 3488